We have reached the end of the year! But we still got one more week of comic shopping until 2017! Keeping it short because I am basically on Christmas break, but I still wanted to give a few quick picks this week.
- GI JOE #1 – I actually avoided Revolution. To me, there are just so many times you can keep rebooting franchises. I am a huge fan of GI Joe comics, but all the reboots just make me stick to GI JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO which continues from the original Marvel series (still written by Larry Hama). That said, I will give this first issue a shot, but if it’s anything like the last few GI Joe reboots, I can’t see myself sticking around as a reader.
- SUPERGIRL BEING SUPER #1 – I tend to get annoyed when a character with an ongoing series gets minis while there are a lot of great characters that sit on the shelves for years. But this seems like a very different SUPERGIRL story, so I am actually curious about this one.
- HULK #1 – Been a fan of She-Hulk since the John Bryne days. This seems to be a very different take on Jen. And I wonder if some readers will get turned off if they come here expecting Banner. But Marvel has a pretty good track record with female leads recently, so I will pick it up to see what it’s all about.
- CIVIL WAR II #8 – FINALLY OVER!! Marvel really needs to do a better job with keeping their crossovers on schedule. Wasn’t much substance in Civil War II. Couple of big deaths, but I don’t expect them to stick. And that was about it. Everything seems back status quo afterwards.
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #10
- Action Comics #970
- Batgirl #6
- Batman Beyond #3
- Blue Beetle #4
- Detective Comics #947
- Flash #13
- Future Quest #8
- Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #11
- Justice League Vs Suicide Squad #2 (Of 6)
- Mother Panic #2
- Super Powers #2
- Teen Titans #3
- Titans #6
- Wonder Woman #13
- A.D. After Death #2
- Saga #41
- Captain America Steve Rogers #8 (Elizabeth Torque Regular Cover), $3.99
- Carnage #15, $3.99
- Doctor Strange And The Sorcerers Supreme #3
- Extraordinary X-Men #17
- Great Lakes Avengers #3
- Infamous Iron Man #3
- Mighty Thor #14
- Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur #14
- Prowler #3
- Spider-Man #11
- Spider-Woman #14
- Star Wars #26
- Thunderbolts #8
- Uncanny Avengers #18
- X-Men ’92 #10
- Divinity III Komandar Bloodshot #1 (One Shot)
- Generation Zero #5
- Savage #2
The last week of the year makes it look like some companies are rushing to finish things off and start the new year off fresh. Civil War II finally comes to its end, which involves a few other titles I like, such as Captain America Steve Rogers and Spider-Man. New issues of Elephantmen and Clandestine come out, which is a nice surprise.
Star Wars is doing another one of their irritating between-arc Ben Kenobi journal issues, which I don’t really like.
- The books I’m most looking forward to are:
- Detective Comics
- AD (After Death) – The first issue of this series was incredible!
- Deadly Class
- East of West
- Black Panther
- Black Widow
- Exodus: The Life After
- Generation Zero
10 books for me this week.
- Action Comics #970 & Detective Comics #947 – Enjoying both series as they march to #975 and #950 respectively.
- Deathstroke #9, Thunderbolts #8, Vigilante Southland #3 & Justice League vs. Suicide Squad #2 – Can you tell I dig the villains and anti-heroes?
- Teen Titans #3 & Titans #6 – I really enjoy legacy books. I’m enjoying Titans more than TT, but the newness of TT with Damian is intriguing.
- Divinity III: Komander Bloodshot #1 – I enjoy the main book so I’ll check out this alternate world take.
- Prowler #3 – Can Hobie Brown be redeemed? A decent start so far.
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and I wish an awesome 2017 for all.
Tags: Pull List Roundtable