Corey Clark Avoids Charges

“American Idol” contestant Corey Clark will not be punished by the law following his famous “food fight” a few weeks ago.

The 24-year-old singer will not face criminal charges for an incident he participated in at the Sheraton Grand Hotel in Sacramento.

“They decided there was insufficient evidence to prosecute him,” says Lana Wyatt, a spokeswoman for the Sacramento County district attorney’s office, according to the AP.

On Saturday, June 25, Clark was cited for misdemeanor battery after engaging in an argument with CDC Records executive Laura Kathleen Troy, 34. The two were arguing over his concert the previous evening.

Clark threw dishes and food and grabbed her by the arms; Troy refused to file charges. If Clark had been charged and convicted, he would have faced up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine.

“Coming on the heels of a huge misunderstanding, Corey is obviously thrilled,” says Clark’s rep, Jed Wallace. “I think the major lesson here is, when you’re on the road and want to blow off steam, go for a jog.”

It was not the singer’s first run-in with the law. He was arrested in 2002 and charged with hitting his sister and resisting arrest. He later pleaded no contest to a reduced charge and served six months’ probation.

Credit: Zap2It.com