– Syndicated columnist Alex Marvez wrote about Eddie Guerrero this week. His piece can be found here.
– Fox News Channel is likely reporting about Eddie’s death on The Big Story Weekend Edition, airing at 10pm in the US and 3am on Sky Digital in the UK. (Credit: WrestlingObserver.com)
– UPN 9 in NY covered the story after Smackdown. (Credit: PWInsider.com)
– The Johnny Cash song that accompanied the RAW Eddie tribute video — his cover of Nine Inch Nails’ “Hurt” — was replaced by generic music during the RAW replays in the UK. (Credit: WrestlingObserver.com)
– WWE.com has the latest episode of Heat up, including video comments on Eddie from Stephanie McMahon, HHH, John Cena, and video highlights of Eddie’s early years and Los Guerreros. UPDATE: Velocity has also been posted, featuring thoughts from Batisa and Lilian on Eddie, video footage of the Eddie/JBL rivalry, and Chavo’s match with Bradshaw from SD. Additionally, archive episodes of Heat have been added to the page and more video testimonials, from Smackdown, have been posted on the Smackdown Videos page.
– Also on WWE.com: Edge, Coach (“Coachcast”), Cena (“5 Questions”) and more Friends & Fans pay tribute to Guerrero. There is a link up where you can send in your comments here.
– WWE.com has posted this report from Eddie’s funeral:
Eddie Guerrero laid to rest
Nov. 18, 2005
Eddie Guerrero was laid to rest yesterday in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Eddie moved his family to Phoenix a few weeks ago so he could be closer to his mother and sister Linda. The private ceremony was presided over by family friend “Superstar” Billy Graham. Several current and former WWE Superstars were in attendance. Chris Jericho, John Layfield, Dean Malenko, Vince McMahon, Chris Benoit, Tom Prichard and Chavo Guerrero, Jr. all spoke in remembrance of Eddie.
The highly emotional ceremony celebrated the life of Eddie Guerrero, remembering exactly how loving, caring and humble he was.
– Dave Meltzer added the following thoughts on Eddie Guerrero’s funeral, which he posted on his Web site:
I don’t really have the words to describe Thursday yet. Maybe in a few days. About the only thing I can say is Eddy Guerrero was blessed by having several true friends. You can really tell the kind of person someone is by how true their friends are, and the quality of people who are their friends. You already knew Eddy Guerrero had an A+ plus heart even without that. The lesson for the week is, don’t take your friends for granted. Among the people at the funeral, and I apologize in advance for leaving people out, included, naturally, the entire Guerrero family, Hector Rincon, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, JBL, Rey Mysterio and their wives, Dean Malenko, Vince, Shane, Stephanie & Linda McMahon, Tom Prichard, Billy Anderson, John Laurinaitis, Edge, Lita, Jamie Noble, Shane Helms, Charlie Haas, Jackie Gayda, Mark Jindrak, Konnan, Gail Kim, Mike Tenay, Doug Basham, Christian, C.M. Punk, Billy Kidman, Torrie Wilson, Sting, Tommy Drake, Kevin Dunn, Bruce Prichard, Michael Hayes and Steve Austin. Superstar Billy Graham led the service, and among those who spoke were Malenko, Jericho, Benoit, JBL (funny as hell by the way), Vince McMahon, Prichard, all of Eddie’s brothers, one sister, Chavo Jr., and Valerie Coleman “Graham.” Most of the WWE people took the company plane out to Europe immediately following the service and the wrestlers will be back in the ring later today.