– Randy Orton publicly addresses his suspension from WWE for the first time in the next issue of WWE Magazine, including this quote: “My problems came to a head when I decided to smoke a joint and someone smelled it and stooged me off. You know who you are, so if you are reading this, thanks. But I’ve also had a few outbursts of anger on the road. I get loud and verbally abusive. But I’ve nipped that part of me in the bud.” In the story, he also talks about putting things — but not defacating — into divas’ bags, for which he was fined.
– Dave Meltzer at the Observer, is repoting that it wasn’t expected internally that Bobby Lashley’s liver would check out with a second test, so while it’s good to have him back, Finlay’s babyface turn and other creative ideas will likely change (nothing new if you’re a Smackdown writer lately).
– There’s a story on Bam Bam Bigelow here.
– Larry Goodman is reporting that Big Show vs. Rob Van Dam is scheduled for the Deep South Wrestling Six Flags over Georgia show on August 11.
– Johnny Devine’s latest column for SLAM! Wrestling can be found here, where he talks about TNA’s Papparazzi Productions.
– Eric Bischoff’s book Controversy Creates Cash is slated for an October release. He is no longer under WWE contract, although there have been recent on-air mentions of him being Eugene Dinsmore’s storyline uncle.
– TNAWrestling.com has posted this preview for Monday’s online show, Global Impact: A new episode of TNA’s official online video show “Global Impact” airs starting Monday on the website! This week, hosts Jeremy Borash and Christy Hemme preview Thursday’s “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV. Plus in this week’s bout you’ll see Ron “The Truth” Killings vs. A1 as well as a special appearance by Eric Young who has a “Message For The Movement”.
– According to Dave Meltzer, Matt Cappotelli’s recent tests have shown his brain tumor has neither grown nor shrunk, and he is still hoping not to have to get surgery.
– Also from Meltzer, Justin Roberts is no longer announcing RAW house shows since he is ECW’s ring announcer; Howard Finkle is doing RAW (Lillian Garcia only works TV). Kevin Dunn suggested removing original ECW ring announcer Stephen DeAngelis from the role now occupied by Roberts because he felt his voice was “too annoying” and there were claims he was too inquisitive for a ring announcer. Vince felt he shouted too much.
– Finally, and also from Meltzer, The Rock’s film Southland Tales (also starring Mandy Moore and Sarah Michelle Gellar) will be majorly re-edited and Sony Pictures will be distributing it; Chyna will have a supporting role in Cougar Club being filmed later this year; and Nathan Jones will be in the martial arts movie The Protector scheduled to be released on November 10.