Yellow skin, zombies and Jerry “Stupid” Lawler! It’s 10 Thoughts on RAW!
1. Pardon me for being too picky, but the opening for RAW didn’t make much sense. A cold opening with Vickie Guererro will definitely draw heat, but it’s almost as if Orton saved the fans from a crap-load of Vickie’s annoying voice and horrible acting. I think it would have made more sense for Legacy to do the cold opening and then Vickie interrupt Legacy to draw a lot more heat. Either way, this was a pretty solid opening.
2. RAW is where the big boys play. With guys like Batista, Triple H and Big Show ruling the main-event spot, Brian Kendrick, Jamie Noble, Chavo Guererro and Charlie Haas will never be looked at as serious contenders for the World or U.S. title. Who’s down for bringing back the Light Heavyweight Title?
3. Why the hell do the face divas get separate entrances while the heel divas come down at the same time??? I want a Maryse solo entrance, dammit!
4. When Hornswoggle was under Santina looking at her package, Jerry “Stupid” Lawler said he had a “Bird’s Eye View”. Isn’t a bird’s eye view from above, not below? Maryse is hot.
5. I hope Matt Hardy’s new gimmick is his cast. If it worked for Owen Hart and D-Lo Brown, it’ll work for Matt Hardy!
6. Very rarely does WWE do a good job making their secondary champions look near-superior to their main champion, but they did a damn good job with MVP and Orton. The ending was perfect, but the interference thing is getting kind of stale. Didn’t we see the same thing with Cena/Jericho/Edge last week?
7. I’m digging The Miz’s new direction. His segment went on a bit longer than it should have, but he spent his TV minutes wisely.
8. Am I the only one that wouldn’t have a problem with a Chavo/Noble tag team?
9. John Cena looked like a legit zombie.
10. I’m not a scientist. Nor am I the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I did some independent research after I noticed different parts of Batista’s skin being yellow. I found out that the main cause of someone’s skin turning a shade of yellow if because of liver damage. It is well known that anabolic steroids cause damage to the liver, and in some cases, causes liver cancer. If I were Batista, I’d stop calling out of work whenever there was a drug test.
Tags: 10 Thoughts, Raw, WWE