The Senior Bowl is done with and we left with so much more knowledge on Senior prospects going into this coming April’s NFL Draft. Tim Tebow is “who we thought he was!” and only one player left with a serious injury (O’Brien Schofield LB from Wisconsin). The next stage in the prospect evaluation process is the NFL Combine which will happen at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis the last week of February and into early March.
I’ve upped the number of prospects in this week’s Value Board to 25.
1. Ndamukong Suh DT, Nebraska– Simply said about his senior year: Dominant.
2. Gerald McCoy DT, Oklahoma– High motor tackle can play in either 3-4 or 4-3.
3. Eric Berry S, Tennessee– He’s made with bits of real Ed Reed, so you know it’s good (Anchorman reference anyone?).
4. Jimmy Clausen QB, Notre Dame– Out of pro-style offense, but a franchise QB?
5. Sam Bradford QB, Oklahoma– Deadly accurate, but how will shoulder work out?
6. Joe Haden CB, Florida– Top CB, has speed and can be left on an island.
7. Rolando McClain LB, Alabama– Butkus Award winner, intelligent and vocal leader for a defense.
8. Russell Okung OT, Oklahoma State– Just about everything you look for in franchise tackle.
9. Dez Bryant WR, Oklahoma State– Lost ’09 season, but won’t matter on draft day.
10. Derrick Morgan DE, Georgia Tech– Highly productive and athletic, good against run and pass.
11. CJ Spiller RB, Clemson– Speedy back, great return skills, but may need to be in a 2 back backfield.
12. Jason Pierre-Paul DE, USF– Loads of potential, super athletic, and rushes passer very well.
13. Earl Thomas S, Texas– A little undersized, but great in coverage and against the run.
14. Damian Williams WR, USC– Great route runner and great hands, not many weaknesses in his game.
15. Anthony Davis OT, Rutgers– An elite run blocker, great size, average pass protector.
16. Carlos Dunlap DE, Florida– Character issues drop him down, but he’s a producer from DE.
17. Bruce Campbell OT, Maryland– Some injury concerns, another great pass blocker, but average run blocker.
18. Everson Griffen DE, USC– Is raw, but has experience as a rush linebacker and defensive end.
19. Dan Williams DT, Tennessee– Like Robert Ayers last year, this Vol greatly improved his stock and could ride it to a 1st round selection.
20. Sean Weatherspoon OLB, Missouri– Has the mouth and skills to be a top LB in the NFL.
21. Brandon Graham DE/OLB, Michigan– Tremendous showing at Senior Bowl, but
22. Mike Iupati OG, Idaho– Had a strong showing at the Senior Bowl as well, but had already solidified himself as a top 25 best overall prospect.
23. Trent Williams OT, Oklahoma– Will he be asked to play left or right tackle? He’s better at right, but was still 1st Team All-America at LT senior year.
24. Brian Price DT, UCLA– Doesn’t have any room to get bigger, but a strong junior season.
25. Jerry Hughes OLB, TCU– Great pass rusher, needs to get better in coverage, but is a hard worker.
Stay tuned to Inside Pulse Sports for more NFL Draft coverage as we continue to delve deeper into players and their NFL potential.
Tags: Mock Draft, NFL Draft, Value Board