In an early announcement to retailers, HBO Home Entertainment is set to release Boardwalk Empire: The Complete Second Season
on August 28, 2012. The season will be available on DVD and on Blu-ray with HBO Select, which includes the BD, DVD and Digital Download release of
the show. The 5-disc DVD set carries an MSRP of $59.99 (pre-order for less than $42
) while the 5-disc Blu-ray/2-disc DVD with HBO Select will run for $79.99 (pre-order is only $49.49
Blu-ray with HBO Select offers buyers the choice of three ways to watch in one set – Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy. Season one will also be available in the new format day and date with season two.
This latest season includes extensive bonus features, including an in-depth look at one of the series’ most jarring episodes, an interactive guide to living in the year 1921, character dossiers and much more.
Blu-ray Features (along with all DVD extras):
- Includes Blu-ray with HBO Select, DVD + Digital Copy
- “Living in 1921” – Look back in time and discover the styles, sounds and events that defined 1921 in this comprehensive, interactive guide.
- “Secrets of the Past: Storytelling in Episode 11” – Hear from the writers, cast members and crew of Boardwalk Empire in this enhanced, picture-in-picture feature as they reflect on season two and the pivotal episode “Under God’s Power She Flourishes.”
- Character Dossier – Track the major players of season two, from gangsters and rumrunners, to politicians and Prohees, with this interactive, in-feature character guide.
- “Back to Boardwalk” – Revisit season one of Boardwalk Empire with creator/executive producer Terence Winter in this 15-minute recap.
- “The Money Decade” – Explore the legacy of the 1920s and get an inside look at the styles and trends that made the decade “roar.”
- “Updates to the Boardwalk” – Production designer Bill Groom and creator/executive producer Terence Winter discuss the new sets of season two.
- Character Dossier – Track the major players of season two, from gangsters and rumrunners, to politicians and Prohees, with this evolving, comprehensive character guide.
- New Characters – Get acquainted with the two new major characters in season two: Owen Sleater and Manny Horvitz.
- Season Two Promo Spot – Written by creator/executive producer Terence Winter
- Audio Commentaries – Six audio commentaries with cast and crew including Terence Winter, Tim Van Patten, Howard Korder, Allen Coulter, Steve Buscemi, Jack Huston, Michael Kenneth Williams and Gretchen Mol.
Tags: Boardwalk Empire