Report: Fabricio Werdum Nearly Dies From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Mexico

Currently situated in Jiquipilco, Mexico where is training for his fight against Cain Velasquez next month, Fabricio Wedrum recently faced a perilous situation.

According to a report by Fight Land, Werdum nearly died due to carbon monoxide poisoning from a faulty heater while he stayed in the remote Mexican village.


The UFC’s first-ever card in Mexico, featuring Cain Velasquez vs. Fabricio Werdum, sold 21,0000 tickets in eight hours. Which is almost as mind-boggling as the fact that the event was nearly derailed last week when Werdum narrowly escaped carbon monoxide poisoning due to a faulty heater in his team’s house. Supposedly, this is fairly common in the small village of Jiquipilco, Mexico: a gas heater malfunctions during the night, carbon monoxide builds up in the rooms, and the next morning the maid either finds you blue and bloated under the sheets, or you wake coughing, eyes watering, carrying your teammates into the frigid night.

Tags: ,



Source: BloodyElbow.com