With news of their Post Secret Wars ongoing series slowing trickling out, under the recently announced “All-New All-Different Marvel” Comics, the new #1’s so far appear more All-Different than All-New so far. However, there will be over 60 #1’s over the Fall of 2015 so the All-New may be coming.
The teasers did look and remain promising. Can you name all the characters? It’ll be interesting to see where and if they all pop up during Secret Wars to set up the post Secret Wars status quo.
Now, I did get a bit of flack for my recent Secret Wars: Squadron Sinister #1 piece where on one hand I praised that issue as a-m-a-z-i-n-g, but on the other hand I found it disappointing that it didn’t really “count” for various reasons including Marvel Comics Editor-In-Chief Axel Alonso’s own words.
However, I’m encouraged as it seems Marvel EIC AA is clarifying those remarks where he essentially said that the post Secret Wars Marvel Comics isn’t that different from before, just with some new baubles. With regards to Secret Wars: Squadron Sinister, the Marvel EIC has now said: “They’re kind of like the anti-Avengers. Squadron Sinister — like all our Secret Wars tie-in stories — tells a huge story that sets up something big and permanent and very scary in the Marvel Universe.” Plus, we do see a Squadron Supreme book coming out of Secret Wars, per the below, that Axel Alonso calls an “Anti-Avengers” team with a fan fave creative team and an amalgam of different Squadron Supreme teams of old. So a win-win.
With that, Marvel has announced 9 of over 60 new #1’s spinning out of Secret Wars in this new All-New All-Different Marvel Comics era.
This is your checklist of the series announced so far.
- All-New All-Different Avengers written by Mark Waid with art by Mahmud Asrar and Adam Kubert.
- Invincible Iron Man written by Brian Michael Bendis with art by David Marquez.
- Spider-Man, featuring Miles Morales formerly of the Ultimate Universe, written by Brian Michael Bendis with art by Sara Pichelli.
- Captain Marvel written by Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas with art by Kris Anka.
- Spider-Gwen written by Jason Latour with art by Robbi Rodriguez.
- A-Force written by G. Willow Wilson with art by Jorge Molina.
The last 3 series above have me the most intrigued. I’ll sample ANYTHING James Robinson writes so I hope Squadron Supreme delivers.
What are you most looking forward to from All-New All-Different Marvel?
Tags: All-new All-different Marvel, Avengers, Invincible Iron Man, Marvel, Miles Morales, Secret Wars, Spider-Man, Squadron Sinister, Squadron Supreme