1. Kicking off with Michael Cole and a contract signing is not a great start, but things pick up when Finn Balor appears. He’s still vaguely incomprehensible on the mic, but he’s certainly passionate.
2. It was a nice touch for Joe to sign and walk out without saying anyone or indulging in a cliched brawl, then attack Balor from behind on the ramp. Because wrestling.
3. The Vaudvillains vs Dash & Dawson was a solid tag match, with some nice double team moves and a good back and forth before D&D got the pin to retain the titles.
4. Good to see Enzo and Cass back with some fire in their bellies, as the talk-along guido act has been getting a little stale in my opinion.
5. Eva Marie does not seem to know the meaning of the word ‘inevitable’. Somehow, this is not surprising.
6. Asuka getting blindsided by Emma robbed us of a potentially good match with Dana Brooke, which is one way to extend the rivalry, I suppose. Or you could let them wrestle…
7. Hey, Jesse ‘my neck is fine’ Sorensen is back! And he’s being fed to Apollo Crews. Crews looked as sharp in the ring as ever, and his new modified powerbomb finisher is pretty sweet.
8. So by adding Charles Robinson as second ref for the main event to keep thing clean, you can bet there are going to be ref based shenanigans. Wouldn’t it make more sense just to ban Nia Jax from ringside?
9. And the ref bump happens in two minutes. How will Bayley ever overcome these seemingly insurmountable odds? More time was spent scripting this match than the entire Divas time on Raw this year. Another ref bump and anyone hoping for an actual wrestling match has walked out.
10. It’s a miracle! Bayley wins! Bayley is the ultimate underdog face! And Nia Jax destroys her after the match, setting up a far more promising contest than this over-booked mess.
Tags: apollo crews, bayley, Emma Brooke, JT on NXT