Let’s get to the first thing you want to know – this My Bloody Valentine: Collector’s Edition is the 1981 original that was made in Canada and not the 3-D remake from 2009. This is the one you want for Valentine’s Day when you’re sitting back with the one you love that can enjoy a horror night or just watch by yourself. All you need to know is this is the original that was made in Canada and horrified America in 1981. This is the one that inspired the naming of the greatest shoegazing band that gave us Loveless. The Collector’s Edition includes the original theatrical cut and the version with footage the MPAA demanded snipped for an R-rating. So make notice which version you want to share with your Valentine’s Day date. The Blu-ray comes out on February 11 which is the same day it came out 39 years ago. Coincidence?
SCREAM FACTORY PRESENTS
MY BLOODY VALENTINE [COLLECTOR’S EDITION]
ON BLU-RAY™ FEBRUARY 11, 2020
On February 11 Scream Factory will release the much anticipated My Bloody Valentine [Collector’s Edition]. Stacked with new bonus features including a new 4K scan and interviews with cast and crew, this is a collector’s must-have.
Customers ordering directly from ShoutFactory.com will receive a limited edition deluxe offer that includes an exclusive 18″ X 24″ rolled poster featuring brand new artwork, a second exclusive 18″ x 24″ rolled poster featuring alternative new artwork, and an exclusive slipcover featuring alternative new artwork. (Only 2,000 will be made available.)
On Valentine’s Day, someone always loses their heart. Twenty years ago, this small town lost more than that. When supervisors abandoned their posts to attend the town’s annual holiday dance, a tragedy claimed the lives of five miners. The sole survivor, Harry Warden, was institutionalized, but returned for a vengeful massacre on the disaster’s first anniversary.
Nineteen years later, the town is gearing up for another Valentine’s Day party. Teen sweethearts T.J. and Sarah, along with their friend Axel, are among the excited partygoers. But when a box of candy containing an eerie warning and blood-soaked heart arrive, the townsfolk realize that romance is as good as dead. And so are they …
DISC 1 – Theatrical Version:
· NEW 4K scan of the original camera negative
· NEW An Anemic Valentine – an interview with director George Mihalka
· NEW From the Heart – an interview with actor Paul Kelman
· NEW Friends of Mine – an interview with actress Lori Hallier
· NEW Axel, Be My Valentine – an interview with actor Neil Affleck
· NEW Becoming Sylvia – an interview with actress Helene Udy
· NEW The Secret Keeper – an interview with actor Rob Stein
· NEW Broken Hearts and Broken Bones – an interview with special makeup effects designer Tom Burman
· NEW Holes in the Heart – a look at the difference between the theatrical version and the uncut version
· Theatrical Trailer
· TV Spots
· Radio Spots
· Still Gallery
DISC 2 – Uncut Version:
· NEW 4K scan of the uncut original camera negative
· NEW Audio Commentary with director George Mihalka
· MY BLOODY VALENTINE 35th Anniversary Cast Reunion panel at the Bay of Blood Convention in Florida featuring director George Mihalka, cast members Lori Hallier, Helene Udy, Rob Stein, Peter Cowper, Thomas Kovacs, Jim Murchison, Alf Humphreys and hosted by Brian Singleton
· Thomas Kovacs performs “The Ballad of Harry Warden” at the Bay of Blood Convention with Peter Cowper and Jim Murchison
About Shout! Factory
Shout! Factory, LLC is a diversified multi-platform media company devoted to producing, uncovering, preserving and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their entire careers sharing their music, television and film favorites with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory’s entertainment offerings serve up feature films, classic and contemporary TV series, animation, live music and comedy specials. In addition, Shout! Factory maintains a vast entertainment distribution network which delivers culturally relevant programming, movie and audio content to all the leading digital service providers in North America and across multiple platforms. Shout! Factory owns and operates Shout! Studios, Scream Factory, Shout! Factory Kids, Shout! Factory Films, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Timeless Media Group and Shout! Factory TV. These riches are the result of a creative acquisition mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Los Angeles, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com.
Tags: My Bloody Valentine, Scream Factory