Catching up on some news before the weekend…
– Did you hear that Jesse Ventura might run for U.S. Senate? He told the local MN paper that he’ll decide by Tuesday.
– In his latest blog post, Jim Ross writes the following about tomorrow’s Smackdown: “There will be lots of wrestling on Friday Night Smackdown this week. In my humble and biased opinion, SD features the best wrestling of any WWE program this week. Edge had another memorable night of TV and is simply on top of his game and doing what he does better than any one in the WWE. I especially enjoyed the HHH-Chavo, Matt Hardy-Benjamin, and Edge-Big Show bouts in particular.” He also talks about the CM Punk/Batista match-up and more.
– Wait did I say the above post was his latest? Let’s not forget that J.R. also has a blog at WWE Fan Nation, where he asked an interesting question: “Does any one know what ‘CTC’ means as it was spray painted all over JBLâ€™s gaudy limo Monday night by John Cena? Regarding the apparent Cena/Cryme Tyme relationship, all I have to say about that unique triumphant is ‘Yo, Yo, Yo’â€¦ Dawg.”
– Actually, according to a post over at PWInsider, CTC is a local acronym down in Louisiana meaning “Cross the Canal” and there was a music group down there called “Cut Throat Committee.” Hmm. And here I was thinking it meant something like “Cryme Tyme/Cena.”
– The great Jason Powell at Prowrestling.net wrote earlier this week that “Vince McMahon was said to be very tough on Michael Cole” throughout his Raw commentary on Monday. Nothing new there, I guess, except that Vince continued to complain after the show was over, says Powell. Also from JP: it’s being assumed that Jonathan Coachman – who is a new daddy, so congrats! – hasn’t been at TV lately because he’s waiting for his contract to expire. So, Kane: he’s alive.
– Jim Ross had a fun week last week, says Prowrestling.net, with the new Smackdown play-by-play man taking part in a Vince McMahon rib on Michael Cole and interrupting him during his SD farewell speech in Tulsa (off the air), and before that doing some Monday catering with food from his BBQ restaurant.
– Terri Runnells was interviewed recently over at BaltimoreSun.com.
– Maxim has a story up comparing WWE with UC.
– Paul Heyman was interviewed by SLAM! Wrestling.
– John Morrison spoke with the Augusta Chronicle.
– Earl Hebner was interviewed by the UK Sun, and guess which Canadian wrestling event he talks about!
– The AP interviewed Brooke Hogan about her new reality show.
– There’s a story on the FCW debut TV taping here, INCLUDING an address of the venue (which was for some reason left out of the press release sent out earlier this week).
– Ric Flair Finance has closed.
Tags: batista, big show, Brooke Hogan, cm punk, Cryme Tyme, ECW, edge, FCW, Jesse Ventura, Jim Ross, John Bradshaw Layfield, John Morrison, Matt Hardy, Michael Cole, Other, Paul Heyman, Raw, Ric Flair, shelton benjamin, Smackdown, TNA, UFC, vince mcmahon, WWE, WWE Developmental, WWE.com