1. Tony Bedard’s REBELS are officially renamed thus on the whim of Lobo, as he and Brainiac 5 outwit a duo of rookie Green Lanterns.
2. Lobo apparently owes Brainiac 5 for Brany’s handling of his debt with the starfish got from back in Countdown While that series sucked, Lobo is fun in Bedard’s hands and I’m glad to see him sticking around.
3. The budding war between the REBELS/LEGION and the Green Lantern Corps will be exceedingly interesting in that it will put Brainy’s wits vs. those of the Guardians, far different than the flying around space shooting stuff of recent GLC crossovers. That it will net this book enough sales to continue is just one bonus of the arc.
4. Altin as a warrior who’s a GL because he’s bored of being dominant is an interesting touch. I look forward to more of him and am happy to have another Lantern stand out form the horde.
5. Why didn’t the Lanterns comment on Lobo’s glowing red ring?
6. Brainiac 5 turning the Lantern attack into a way to PR his way into more worlds while simultaneously clearing his son’s name was brilliant. Lyrl Dox and Brainy together will be nearly unbeatable.
7. Artistically, this is a bit throwback, but the clear art really helps the action shine.
8. The promise of Gorius being guilty next issue is interesting, as Bedard might be making more interesting Lanterns here than in Green Lantern Corps.
9. This book needs more Adam Strange.
10. Rating: 7/10 – This is a good book and if you enjoy Marvel’s Space Opera books like Nova or Guardians of the Galaxy, or even the pre-Blackest Night Green Lantern books, you should give this a look. It’s pure fun… in space!
Tags: Lobo, Rebels, Tony Bedard