While this fall will see the releases Real Steel, Moneyball and Dream House, one of the most talked about films is Nicolas Winding Refn’s white knuckle thriller Drive. After taking home directing honors at Cannes, and Ryan Gosling making studios consider his marketability as a leading man, one aspect that’s gotten little play is the film’s original soundtrack.
If you’ve seen one of the earlier clips, which features “A Real Hero” by College featuring Electric Youth, then you already have a sense of what tunes will be incorporated into the soundtrack. The OST features Cliff Martinez’s original score as well as “Night Call” by Kavinsky, “Under Your Spell” by Desire and the epic size “Tick Of The Clock” (it runs over 26 minutes!) by the Chromatics.
Drive will hit theaters on September 16th. The soundtrack will be available digitally on September 6th, but those who still have a fondness for CDs and/or love cover art, then you can pick up the disc on September 13th. Check out the cover art, plus the compete tracklist and audio samples.
1. Night Call — Kavinsky
2. Tick of the Clock – Chromatics
3. Rubber Head — Cliff Martinez
4. I Drive — Cliff Martinez
5. He Had a Good Time — Cliff Martinez
6. They Broke His Pelvis — Cliff Martinez
7. Kick Your Teeth — Cliff Martinez
8. Where’s The Deluxe Version? — Cliff Martinez
9. See You in Four — Cliff Martinez
10. After The Chase — Cliff Martinez
11. Hammer — Cliff Martinez
12. Wrong Floor — Cliff Martinez
13. Skull Crushing — Cliff Martinez
14. My Name on a Car — Cliff Martinez
15. On The Beach — Cliff Martinez
16. Oh My Love — Riziero Ortolani & Rina Ranieri
17. Under Your Spell — Desire
18. A Real Hero — College feat. Electric Youth
19. Bride of Deluxe — Cliff Martinez
Travis Leamons is one of the Inside Pulse Originals and currently holds the position of Managing Editor at Inside Pulse Movies. He's told that the position is his until he's dead or if "The Boss" can find somebody better. I expect the best and I give the best. Here's the beer. Here's the entertainment. Now have fun. That's an order!