1. Man, this show loves a good foreshadow. Is that guy infected yet? What about that coughing neighbor? Or the principal?
2. Cliff Curtis is the most sensible person in the show, but I can’t wait to see the rest of his family get horribly killed.
3. A hint of social commentary as all the kids get off the bus to see the homeless guy shot by the cops, but nothing like the cutting insight achieved by George Romero in his original Dead trilogy
4. Any detox scene looks easy in comparison with Trainspotting. Suck it up, Nick.
5. Divorced parent family drama in the face of impending apocalypse cliche is cliched.
6. It is not that hard to break into a ‘secure’ school locker. A crowbar will get you inside in about two seconds. You’ll just have to trust me on this.
7. Hey, Tobias the fat misfit is straight out of the movie Scream, listing all of the zombie outbreak tropes before they happen. He also seems to be a doomsday prepper, which makes him more interesting than 95% of the characters on this show. And of course he disappears off screen because he’s not a member of the Annoying family.
8. Bang! Foreshadowed and delivered within 20 minutes. Bad luck, Artie.
9. the rapid descent into rioting and martial law would seem less implausible of it wasn’t the LAPD breaking out the riot gear and shooting people in the head at the first sign of trouble.
10. One of the best things about The Walking Dead was the sense that (almost) any character could die at any moment. So far in FTWD nobody of any consequence has died. Will I give it another week? Only time will tell…
Tags: fear the walking dead