What’s up for Smackdown this week?
Here are the results taped for Smackdown on April 12, 2016 to air on April 14, 2016:
Maryse started the show and introduced the Miz for Miz TV segment. Miz’s guest was his wife Maryse. He said he was was going to ask the question everyone wanted to know, which was “What is is like being married to the Miz?” Zack Ryder interrupted and demanded a title match. Miz said yes but forgot Zack had an opponent already. Out came Barron Corbin.
1. Baron Corbin beat Zack Ryder.
2. Enzo Amore and Big Cass beat The Ascension to advance in the tag team tournament.
JoJo interviewed AJ Styles, who was interrupted by Alberto Del Rio.
3. AJ Styles beat Alberto Del Rio. Styles wins with a roll up.
Goldust, R-Truth, and Fandango had a backstage promo.
4. The Vaudevillians beat Goldust and Fandango to advance in the tag tournament. The Vaudevillains made their entrance with little to no reaction. The Vaudevillians got a quick win to advance to face the Usos. The next round features The Usos vs. Vaudevillains, and Enzo and Big Cass vs. The Dudley Boyz.
Chris Jericho was interviewed by JoJo. He got major heat by calling San Diego a dump.
5. Sami Zayn beat Chris Jericho by DQ. Sami Zayn came out to a good reaction and was followed by Chris Jericho, who got some heat. Zayn had the upper hand to start the match. Jericho rolled out the ring. Kevin Owens interrupted and was followed by Dean Ambrose. Ambrose and Owens checked in on commentary. Jericho and Ambrose exchanged words. Jericho drew heat with that. Jericho then got the upper hand on Zayn. Sami recovered and got some offense but was quickly stopped by Jericho, who applied the Walls of Jericho. Sami made it to the ropes to break it. Jericho then attacked Ambrose only to have Sami throw Jericho into Owens. Owens and Ambrose were down at this point. Owens attacked Sami for the DQ. Ambrose made the save. Ambrose and Sami stood tall to conclude the show..
Dark Main Event
1. Sami Zayn and Dean Ambrose beat Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens. Ambrose delivered a promo to set up the dark match. Sami and Jericho started the match. Owens and Jericho controlled the match for the most part. Ambrose took the hot tag and hit Dirty Deeds on Owens for the win to send the crowd home happy. The arena was about 80 percent full and it’s very small arena.
Report from Dot Net reader Larry Navarro attended the WWE Smackdown taping
– Thanks to Javier Bradshaw and Nick The Slick for the following WWE SmackDown spoilers from tonight’s tapings in San Diego:
* SmackDown opens with WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz and Maryse out for MizTV. The got really good heat to start. Zack Ryder interrupts and The Miz teased that he would give Ryder a title shot but Ryder’s already booked in a match with Baron Corbin
* Baron Corbin got the easy win over Zack Ryder. After the match, Corbin beat Ryder down again but Dolph Ziggler made the save and they brawled
* Emma defeated Paige in a quick match. Paige took a nasty spill in the corner but looked to be fine
* Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady defeated The Ascension to advance in the tag team tournament. Enzo and Cass were over big time and looked awesome in the ring
* Backstage segment with Alberto Del Rio interrupting AJ Styles
* AJ Styles defeated Alberto Del Rio. Good match with a very hot crowd but Del Rio botched a move and Styles landed on his neck. He won with a roll-up and was holding his neck on the way to the back, hopefully just selling but it looked bad live
* Backstage comedy segment with Fandango and The Golden Truth
* The Vaudevillains defeated Goldust and R-Truth in a quick match to advance in the tag team tournament
* Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho was a hot main event with Dean Ambrose and Kevin Owens on commentary, and providing distractions. Good action in the ring and entertaining stuff outside. Owens interfered to cause the disqualification, which led to the babyfaces standing tall to end SmackDown
Tags: smackdown, Smackdown Spoilers, thursday night smackdown