SDCC 2017 and Image Comics Spoilers follow.
At Thursday’s San Diego Comic Con 2017 (SDCC 2017) 25th anniversary of Extreme Studios panel, we go some interesting news and tidbits from head honcho Rob Liefeld on the past and the future. The highlights are below.
- Rob Liefeld says that the only reason he got to work on Hawk and Dove back in the day was because Art Thibert turned down the gig.
- Because Youngblood #1 and #2 both sold a million copies, mainstream comic book companies took notice with DC Comics pitching him Bloodlines and the New Blood spin-off.
- Back in the day, Marat Mychaels asked Dan Fraga to join a new comic book company that was called “MacLarFeld” and later become Image Comics.
- In response to a fan question, Liefeld confirmed that Brigade is relaunching and that “Extreme War is coming!”
- In response to a fan question about his Liefeld convince Marvel to go with X-Force, Liefeld noted that “New Mutants sales were in the toilet” so Marvel accepted his “big idea” pitch.
Tags: Brigade, DC Comics, Extreme War, Image, Image Comics, Marvel Comics, Rob Liefeld, San Diego Comic-Con, SDCC, SDCC 2017, Youngblood